I have a writing assignment to do tonight for my photography class. joy. We will be taking self-portraits for our next photo project and the professor is having us do a ‘Written Self Portrait’ to help us prepare for the photo. oh even better. Not only do I not enjoy writing (shut up Julie!), but writing about myself is my least-favorite type of writing.
But I think we all know what kind of student I am – I want those 5 points. So I’ll write. She claims she isn’t going to read them, just wants to see that we did the writing. For whatever reason, that doesn’t make it easier. I mean really, how could she not just skim them a little bit?!
1. Written Self Portrait
- Write freely (no concern for spelling, structure, etc.)
- Who are you in your family? With your friends?
- What do you like to do?
- What do you think about?
- What do you look like?
- What makes you happy? or sad? or mad?
- Who is the person that everybody sees?
- Who is the person deep inside that no one sees?
- What might your future be?
- What images are suggested by writing?
- Describe photograph you would take – what should be included in the frame?
So, I brought the assignment sheet and my pad of paper over to my chair and set them down next to me. I picked up the laptop (I’ll have to remember to write about my tendency to procrastinate) and the first thing I read was this. And then the very next thing I read was this! Kinda weird. Kinda perfect. Kinda not helping me at all with this assignment.