Wow. I am really sucking at this whole blogging thing. My baby boy turned 13! on Feb. 1st without nary a mention. I mean really, I am a mother of a teenager now! That is some wicked bad lack of blog motivation. So, let’s catch up with young master Kyle shall we?
- Yes, Kyle is officially a smelly teenager. But he’s had that crap teenage attitude for ages now – he’s gifted ya know?
- For his birthday I set him up with a Facebook account. Now I can embarrass him in front of his friends from the comforts of my own chair.
- Kyle and I did light painting photos on the beach one night and then made solar prints in Santa Cruz last month. Very fun.
- Kyle starting having behavior problems again at school. Detentions have been bumped up to Referrals.
- Baby got his first suspension. So. not. cool.
- Behavior has now improved but his grades are in the toilet.
- Kyle made the 7th grade Boys Volleyball team.
- Of course he’s benched until he gets those grades up.
- I was invited to participate in the Bent Twig Art Show at Vox this month and chose Kyle as my “twig” (an established artist is joined by an upcoming/new artist).
- Kyle made 2 mixed media tiles for the show, while I showed 3 Holga diptychs.
- Kyle sold one of his tiles!!! my baby had his first gallery sale at 13 – that rawks!
- Even at the ripe old age of 13, Kyle stills screams like a girl.
- I love the boy.
1 thought on “13: The Highs and Lows”
Very cute post….